Quick and scrumptious tomato soup!
January 29, 2013 § Leave a comment
- 4 tomatoes (deseeded, quartered)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 1 carrot (sliced in no particular order really)
- bay leaf 1
- peppercorns 8
- cloves 4
- a spoon of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup of milk
- italian herbs dried or otherwise
And the procedure would be –
- Take a pot, add the tomatoes, onion and carrot and add water as to cover them completely and then some, about an inch topping that. Add bay leaf, pepper corns, cloves and bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 mins.
- After it cools down a bit, separate the water and the veggies. Keep the water aside for thinning the soup later. Put the veggies in a blender and blend away.
- In a pan add butter, then garlic. Then add the italian herbs and immediately add the tomato puree.
- Add a little of the strained water and then add salt, pepper and a little of sugar. Bring to boil then simmer.
- Just before taking it off add the milk and stir. Simmer for a minute and VOILA!
The easiest and foolproof recipe for a quick tomato soup! Not as heavy as the cream of tomato soup and not as light as a stew. Just a scrumptious soup for winters!