January 29, 2013 § Leave a comment
- 4 tomatoes (deseeded, quartered)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 1 carrot (sliced in no particular order really)
- bay leaf 1
- peppercorns 8
- cloves 4
- a spoon of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup of milk
- italian herbs dried or otherwise
And the procedure would be –
- Take a pot, add the tomatoes, onion and carrot and add water as to cover them completely and then some, about an inch topping that. Add bay leaf, pepper corns, cloves and bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 mins.
- After it cools down a bit, separate the water and the veggies. Keep the water aside for thinning the soup later. Put the veggies in a blender and blend away.
- In a pan add butter, then garlic. Then add the italian herbs and immediately add the tomato puree.
- Add a little of the strained water and then add salt, pepper and a little of sugar. Bring to boil then simmer.
- Just before taking it off add the milk and stir. Simmer for a minute and VOILA!
The easiest and foolproof recipe for a quick tomato soup! Not as heavy as the cream of tomato soup and not as light as a stew. Just a scrumptious soup for winters!
October 12, 2012 § 4 Comments
April 30, 2012 § 2 Comments
November 29, 2011 § 5 Comments
Sweeter than the sweetest
Darker than the darkest
You are the fix that I want
When things are looking down
(or even when things are looking up)
All joys and sorrows
I wanna spend with you
My dear chocolate.
When the skies are dark n grey
And the umbrella’s gone astray
You come to my rescue
N suddenly the skies are blue!
So to show my love
This lousy attempt of a prose trying to rhyme
N to tell you, dear chocolate
You’ll always be mine!
August 18, 2011 § Leave a comment
Hey! M just starting a new food blog on WordPress with my sis in law. Do visit and do give me your suggestions! its at http://thecinnamonprincess.wordpress.com/
Do check it out!
June 14, 2011 § 2 Comments
Yeah I ve been really procrastinating recently. Afterall I have this amazing trip to talk about… full of colourful and exciting stuff. But wait… about that later. Today I will share with you the joys of baking that I re-discovered. Re-discovered why? Because I had a six-year jinx to my cake making skills. Seriously. Six years. Anything I baked… turned out screwed up. Since the time me and KT baked a cake for AP’s birthday and it went kaput. After that was like a huge bake-jinx. But I have broken it and here is the proof!
So I was in the mood for baking… by the way.. if you ever wonder where to catch hold of cake related or food related stuff… say like cupcake’s paper cups, baking stuff, icing guns etc etc etc… head off to Chandan’s on Main Street, Camp. You ‘ll get anything there. Its one of the oldest stores in Pune to import speciality goods like cheeses and sauces and other items. And upstairs you get all kitchen related goods. Do visit. Looks pretty simple and staid on the outside but I like it more than Dorabjee’s. And the staff is efficient and they will help you out. Not to mention the owner who is one of the most pleasant people around.
So here is one of my culinary adventures. After four hours of work starting from scratch… I look at these and feel pink inside just like the pink cake! Looking forward to more adventures in the kitchen… Till then, you too enjoy baking!